Funding Your College Education

For students who wish to earn a college degree in education, the U.S. Congress created TEACH or Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education grant program that provides grants up to four thousand dollars per year to students who want to teach in a private or a public elementary or secondary school that teaches students who come from low income families.

The U.S. federal student aid programs are the biggest sources of student aid in the United States. The various programs provide more than $100 billion a year in loans, grants and work study assistance.

You must fill out the FAFSA or Free Application for Federal Student Aid form in order to become eligible for federal aid. This is free and there is assistance available in filling out the form properly.

There are other federal web sites that you can explore to find out about additional financial aid sources. Veterans, med students and students training in various medical fields for example, may be eligible for financial aid from various federal agencies.

Even if you are not eligible for federal financial aid, you may be eligible for assistance from your state. Contact your state higher education agency to get more information on what is available for you.

College Degree Programs | College Degree Courses | Accredited Education | Accredited Classes | Online Degree Courses | Accredited College Degrees

Comments are closed.